Monday, December 14, 2009

Trend Watch: Runway to Wardrobe

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but shoulder pads are here to stay...at least this season! Actually, I wouldn't call them shoulder pads, I'd say, they're more like frame accentuaters! Anyway, several designers featured the trend in their Spring 2010 collections. Chanel, Hermés, Alexander McQueen, and of course Balmain (who has featured them in varied ways in a number of his collections, each representation unique, fresh, and breathtaking to say the least.)
Well, I don't know about you, but I have scoured the corners of the earth trying to find similar shoulder-centric designs in my price range. Don't worry yourslf with shopping around though, I have done the leg work (make that web work) for you.
Hermés Spring 2010 RTW
If you're looking for the more traditional shoulder pads such as the ones featured in the Spring 2010 RTW collections of Hermés then try these on for size!
Express: 79.50 Express $98
Bebe: $159
Balmain Spring 2010 RTW
Chanel Spring 2010 RTW
For a more glam rock, feminine approach, like the ones seen on the Balmain and Chanel runways, these should do the trick!
ArdenB: Sale $54.50 ArdenB: $38
Forever21: $17.80
Forever21: Sale $18.24 Forever21:$52.o
I have to say that this is a trend that I am embracing with open arms. Nothing gives a woman more confidence than strong shoulders because it gives you length and forces you to walk up straight with your shoulders back. I LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment